» Requested test
Penguin deck guide Emptyby ApocalypseDragon Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:12 pm

» ApocalypseDragons monster evolution roll
Penguin deck guide Emptyby Pegasus Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:47 pm

» First Monster evolution roll!
Penguin deck guide Emptyby Pegasus Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:46 pm

Top posters
Dragonflare
Penguin deck guide Vote_b11Penguin deck guide Vote_b13Penguin deck guide Vote_b12 
Bot
Penguin deck guide Vote_b11Penguin deck guide Vote_b13Penguin deck guide Vote_b12 
ApocalypseDragon
Pegasus
PrvXDevil
SirEpic
Bray Wyatt
Dragonfyre
Tomoki Sakurai
AceFTW
Forum Width

Penguin deck guide

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PrvXDevil

PrvXDevil

<b>Duel Points</b> Duel Points : 4231
<b>Posts</b> Posts : 44

Penguin deck guide Empty
PostSubject: Penguin deck guide   Penguin deck guide EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 6:17 pm

Hello this is PrvXDevil!
For today we are going to be discussing the penguin archtype. You might be wondering why would i want to run penguins? They might not be fast or meta but there is one thing they are and that is fun! The idea of the deck is flip effs. This might seam wired but the deck has some of the greatest removal of all decks thanks to nopenguin. The deck has different win conditions depending on how you draw/ play it. You can overwhelm your opponent with monarchs, you can stall out and make so your opponent has no plays left or you can do beat down with low level monsters! I am now going to start by going through the penguin cards and what they do and how many you should run.

Penguins

Penguin solider
lv 2 750 atk 500 def
[FLIP: You can target up to 2 monsters on the field; return those targets to the hand.]
This is one of your bread and butter cards great monster removal your opponents will hate when you flip this on them!
Run 3

Nightmare penguin
lv 4 900 atk 1800 def
[All face-up WATER monsters you control gain 200 ATK. When this card is flipped face-up: Target 1 card your opponent controls; return that target to the hand].
This is one more of the key cards in this deck. Unlike solider this card can target s/t cards. the gain is not bad either.
Run 3

Nopenguin
lv 3 1600 atk 100 def
[During either player's turn, when an effect of a "Penguin" monster is activated: Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. You can only use this effect of "Nopenguin" once per turn. If a card would be returned from the field to the hand by the effect of a "Penguin" card, banish it instead.]
The card that makes the deck so good. First of all if you have this in your grave and flip a solider you can special summon it which is great and banishing the cards instead is so good it destroys so many decks.
Run 3

Puny penguin
lv1 400 atk 200 def
[When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard after being flipped face-up: Target 1 "Penguin" monster in your Graveyard, except "Puny Penguin"; Special Summon that target in face-up Attack Position or face-down Defense Position.]
This card is really good late when you have a big grave and your opponent thinks they have gone through all of the soliders you can bring it back! The problem is that it is useless on its self with these horrible stats.
Run 2-3

The great emperor penguin
lv 5 1800 atk 1500 def
[You can Tribute this card; Special Summon up to 2 "Penguin" monsters from your Deck, except "The Great Emperor Penguin".]
This card is decent. The optimal thing to do with this card is to special summon 2 nopenguins so you have them on the field. I think it is worth using but if you dont like it dont run it.
Run 0-1

Penguin knight
lv 2 900 atk 800 def
[When this card is sent directly from your Deck to the Graveyard by an effect of a card controlled by your opponent, unite your Graveyard cards and your own Deck, shuffle them and form a new Deck.]
Dont run this card i think it is just bad only reason i am bringing it up is cuz some might run it cuz it is a penguin but no just no dont run it.
Run 0

guard penguin
lv 4 0 atk 1200 def
[When you take damage from a card effect: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, gain Life Points equal to the damage you took.]
The newest penguin card! But as you might tell from reading the eff it is not so good. It might be worth side decking if you really want to but the only use i see is that it is lv 4 for rank 4 plays.
Run 0

Both of the normal monsters are bad dont run them.

Ok now you have some penguin cards! But the deck looks very empty so here comes the second engine of the deck! The cute but powerful frogs!

Frogs

Swap frog
lv 2 1000 atk 500 def
[You can discard 1 WATER monster to Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Summoned, you can select and send 1 Level 2 or lower Aqua-Type WATER monster from your Deck or your side of the field to the Graveyard. Once per turn, you can return 1 monster you control to your hand to Normal Summon 1 "Frog" monster, except "Swap Frog" or "Frog the Jam", in addition to your Normal Summon or Set this turn.]
This card is soooooooooooo good i cant stress it. You can chuck a water monster from your hand like treeborn npenguin etc. to special summon him then chuck one more monster from the deck to the grave. The deck uses the grave so this is amazing.
Run 3

Dupe frog
lv 2 100 atk 2000 def
[This card's name is treated as "Des Frog" while it is face-up on the field. Your opponent cannot select another monster as an attack target. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, you can add 1 "Frog" monster except "Dupe Frog" or "Frog the Jam" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.]
This card is a good starting card with its solid 2000 def and when it is destroyed you get to search a frog (swap frog is the one you often get) later in the game it does not to much for you but still a solid card.
Run 2-3

Treeborn frog
lv1 atk 100 def 100
[During your Standby Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard and you do not control a "Treeborn Frog": You can Special Summon this card. You must control no Spell/Trap Cards to activate and to resolve this effect.]
A good card often used for tribute but it makes so you can not run many traps i still like it and you kinda need to run it in this deck.
Run 2

Ronintoadin
lv 2 100 atk 2000 def
[This card's name is treated as "Des Frog" while face-up on the field. You can remove from play 1 "Frog" monster in your Graveyard, except "Frog the Jam", to Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. This card cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster.]
This is all right card I dont like it but it works decently in the deck. It really is good for tribute if you dont have anything else or just to make a rank 2. It is opinion based if you want to run it though.
Run 0-2

That is all of the frogs I think are good in this deck. So moving on we are now going to discus our selection of boss monsters. We have our extra deck and the great allmighty Monarchs!

Monarchs

Caius the shadow monarch
lv 6 atk 2400 def 1000
[When this card is Tribute Summoned: Target 1 card on the field; banish that target, and if you do, inflict 1000 damage to your opponent if it is a DARK monster.]
This is my personal fav monarch and he is considered the best one. He banishes which is good. There is not really anything else he is just really good!

Run 2

Mobius the frost monarch
lv 6 2400 atk 1000 def
[When this card is Tribute Summoned: You can target up to 2 Spell/Trap cards on the field; destroy those targets.]
This is a good card also though caius is better. Mobius is still worth using cuz he is back row clear and water type which can help.
Run 1-2

Mobius the mega monarch
lv 8 2800 atk 1000 def
[You can Tribute Summon this card by Tributing 1 Tribute Summoned monster. When this card is Tribute Summoned: You can target up to 3 Spell/Trap Cards on the field; destroy those targets. If this card was Tribute Summoned by Tributing a WATER monster, add this additional effect.
● Your opponent cannot activate the targeted cards in response to this effect's activation.]
This card is really good. He can be dead in your hand.
Run 0-1

If you want you can run the other monarchs but I dont think they are as good.

Now you have the 3 main parts of the deck so time for the small parts that make the whole deck work!

TECH

Fishborg archer
lv 3 300 atk 300 def
[If this card is in your Graveyard and you control no monsters during either of your Main Phases: You can discard 1 WATER monster; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard, but destroy all monsters you control at the beginning of this turn's Battle Phase, except for WATER monsters. You can only use the effect of "Fishborg Archer" once per turn.]
This is your tuner! It is a good card in the deck if you want you can run some other tuners but i just use this guy! What more to say he is just good.
Run 2-3

Salvage
Spell
[Target 2 WATER monsters with 1500 or less ATK in your Graveyard; add those targets to your hand.]
Add cards to your hand it is good late game.
Run 1-2

Surface
Spell
[Target 1 Level 3 or lower Fish, Sea Serpent, or Aqua-Type monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it in face-up Defense Position.]
Tributes for days and just the summon is really good.
Run 2-3

Soul Charge
Spell
[Target any number of monsters in your Graveyard; Special Summon them, and if you do, you lose 1000 Life Points for each monster Special Summoned by this effect. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this card. You can only activate 1 "Soul Charge" per turn.]
It might not be the best deck to use it in but I still like to have one to fall back on.
Run 0-1

Wetlands
Field spell card
[All Aqua-Type/WATER/Level 2 or lower monsters gain 1200 ATK.]
I love this card so much. The only problem with this card is it stops treeborn from coming back but it is still so fun to use ^^
Run 0-1 (if you dont run treeborn for some reason run 3)

Mask change second
Quick spell
[Discard 1 card, then target 1 face-up monster you control that has a Level; send that monster to the Graveyard, then Special Summon from your Extra Deck 1 "Masked HERO" monster with the same Attribute that monster had when it was on the field, but with a higher Level. (This Special Summon is treated as a Special Summon with "Mask Change".) You can only activate 1 "Mask Change Second" per turn.]
You might think WTF why run this card. But think about it you get a harpies feather duster with acid you have lots of cards you can tribute and discarding can help you and it is one more boss monster. I love this card you might not like it but I have play tested and this is one of the best techs for this deck.
Run 0-2

That is pretty much all for the main deck techs. You should run hole foolish and moon as staples and then a small amount of traps that you like. That is your main deck!

For your extra deck you need 2 acid if you run mask change and herald of pure light and after that you can chose up to your liking! ^^

I hope you have enjoyed this guide and if the think I missed something post a reply! I hope you guys test out my favourite deck. If you need help just ask me and post some cool wins with penguins down bellow!
PS.If you are going to say run rabbit and bolt penguin you have the wrong idea of how the deck works.

Well have fun!
Back to top Go down
Pegasus

Pegasus

Administrator
Administrator

<b>Duel Points</b> Duel Points : 5377
<b>Posts</b> Posts : 98

Penguin deck guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penguin deck guide   Penguin deck guide EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 11:45 pm

Nice guide, But I got to ask you... why Penguins? lol.
Back to top Go down
https://chaosduelacademy.darkbb.com
PrvXDevil

PrvXDevil

Penguin deck guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penguin deck guide   Penguin deck guide EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 5:22 am

It is my fav deck to use
Back to top Go down
PrvXDevil

PrvXDevil

Penguin deck guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penguin deck guide   Penguin deck guide EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 5:23 am

I am going to make one more guide soon. For another archetype!
Back to top Go down
ApocalypseDragon

ApocalypseDragon

Administrator
Administrator

<b>Duel Points</b> Duel Points : 4356
<b>Posts</b> Posts : 131

Penguin deck guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penguin deck guide   Penguin deck guide EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 5:30 pm

Let me be the first to say I have faced PrvXDevil while he is using this deck and hes not lying about how well it works.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Penguin deck guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penguin deck guide   Penguin deck guide Empty

Back to top Go down

Penguin deck guide

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1